The Commission meets the first Thursday of the month at 2:00 pm, 330 Fair Lane, Placerville, Supervisors' Chambers. Please check the Calendar for occasional changes in this schedule. Commission meetings are not scheduled in January.
The EDCTC also presides as the Airport Land Use Commission and manages the Freeway Service Patrol for El Dorado County.
The Commission has two Ex Officio (non voting) member positions:
1. Sue Takhar has been designated by the Caltrans District 3 Director as the Ex Officio member to the EDCTC.
2. A Councilmember appointed by the City of South Lake Tahoe. This representative position is currently vacant.
Responsibilities of the Commission
1. Establishment of rules and regulations to provide for administering transportation planning and allocating the Transportation Development Act (TDA) Funds.
2. Receipt and approval of claims for TDA Funds.
3. Conduct public meetings and hearings as required by law.
4. Administer the regional transportation planning process.
5. Every five years update and adopt a Regional Transportation Plan.
6. Every two years adopt a Regional Transportation Improvement Program.
7. Work with the Sacramento Area Council of Governments, as the federally-designated transportation planning agency for El Dorado County, to determine air quality conformity of transportation plans, programs, and projects.
8. Oversee the delivery of State Transportation Improvement Program projects, pursuant to the requirements of Senate Bill 45 (Statutes of 1997) and the April, 1998 Memorandum of Understanding with Caltrans.
9. Coordinate, consult, and collaborate with the Shingle Springs Rancheria.
10. Conduct outreach efforts to the traditionally under-represented and under served populations such as the elderly, disabled, low-income, and minority (i.e., African-American, Hispanic, Asian-American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, and Pacific Islander) community groups.
11. Administer the El Dorado County Airport Land Use Commission and related aviation system planning activities.
12. Administer the El Dorado County Freeway Service Patrol.