Responsibilities of the Commission
- Establishment of rules and regulations to provide for administering
transportation planning and allocating the Transportation Development Act (TDA) Funds.
- Receipt and approval of claims for TDA Funds.
- Conduct public meetings and hearings as required by law.
- Administer the regional transportation planning process.
- Every five years update and adopt a Regional Transportation Plan.
- Every two years adopt a Regional Transportation Improvement Program.
- Work with the Sacramento Area Council of Governments, as the federally-designated transportation planning agency for El Dorado County, to determine air quality conformity of transportation plans, programs, and projects.
- Oversee the delivery of State Transportation Improvement Program projects, pursuant to the requirements of Senate Bill 45 (Statutes of 1997) and the April, 1998 Memorandum of Understanding with Caltrans.
- Coordinate, consult, and collaborate with the Shingle Springs Rancheria.
- Conduct outreach efforts to the traditionally under-represented and under served populations such as the elderly, disabled, low-income, and minority (i.e., African-American, Hispanic, Asian-American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, and Pacific Islander) community groups.
- Administer the El Dorado County Airport Land Use Commission and related aviation system planning activities.
- Administer the El Dorado County Freeway Service Patrol.